AZ-103 Study Guide: Microsoft Azure Administrator Associate Certification
The certification “Microsoft Azure Administrator Associate” is intended for IT administrators who have been administering Azure workloads spanning across compute, storage and networking features in Azure. Candidates should be proficient in using Azure Powershell, Azure CLI and ARM templates as well.
For Certification details check out this link
Here are the skills that the exam AZ-103 measures –
- Manage Azure subscriptions and resources (15-20%)
- Implement and manage storage (15-20%)
- Deploy and manage virtual machines (VMs) (15-20%)
- Configure and manage virtual networks (30-35%)
- Manage identities (15-20%)
Rather than mapping each of the skills mentioned above, I am going to list the different concepts that a candidate should be aware of and preferably, should have hands-on experience as well. I believe this will simplify the preparation path for the candidates who are looking forward to earn this certification.
- Azure Data centers
- Managing Azure Subscriptions
- Managing Resource Groups
- ARM templates overview
- Creating and Setting up Virtual Machines in Azure
- High Availability in Azure
- Azure Backup & Azure Site Recovery
- What are Virtual Networks in Azure?
- What are Virtual Network Gateways?
- What are Express Routes?
- Public vs Private IP addresses in Azure
- What are network Security Groups?
- What are Application Security Groups?
- Public & Private Azure DNS Zones
- Different load balancing options in Azure
- Monitoring Network using Network Watcher
- What is Azure Active Directory?
- Setting up AAD tenant
- Connecting AAD with on-prem Active Directory using AD Connect
- How Multi-Factor authentication works?
- Configuring Diagnostic Settings for Azure Resources
- Azure Monitor
- Cost Management
- Role-based Access Control
- Managed Identities
- Azure Storage
- Blobs, Tables, Queues and Files
- Data Lake Storage
- Different Access tiers
- Performance tiers
- Types of Azure Storage Account
- Data Redundancy options
- Secure transfer
- Controlling network access to storage account
- Authorization mechanisms in Azure Storage
- Configuring CDN (Content Delivery Network)
- Using Azure Storage Explorer
- Using AzCopy
Apart from the above information, you can use the following resources as well for your preparation –
Hope this helps in your preparation!!